February 09, 2007

SOJP; Valentine's Day Show
"For Lover's Only"

Playlist.

Poetry is an imaginative awareness of experience expressed through meaning, sound and rhythmic language choices so as to evoke an emotional response. Poetry has been known to employ meter and rhyme.

Lyric is a category of poetry that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style or form.

The Wonderful Women of Jazz


1. Karyn Allison - "Everytime We Say Goodbye"
2. Billie Holiday - "Fine and Mellow"
3. Sarah Vaughan - "He's My Guy"
4. Diana Krall - "I'm Just A Lucky So and So"
5. Etta James - Medley; "At Last, Trust In Me, Sunday Kind Of Love"
6. Gloria Lynne - "I'm Glad There Is You"
7. Diane Schuur - "Funny, But I Still Love You"
8. Nancy Wilson - "All In Love Is Fair"
9. Anita O'Day - "Tenderly"
10. Lena Horne - "More Than You Know"
11. Nnenna Freelon - "Come Into My Life"
12. Nancy Wilson - "How Glad I Am"

The Magnificent Men of Jazz


1. Andy Bey - "Prelude To A Kiss"
2. Arthur Prysock - "I Worry Bout You"
3. Little Jimmy Scott - "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You"
4. Peter Cincotti - "The Girl For Me Tonight"
5. Tony Bennett - "My Foolish Heart"
6. Joey DeFrancesco - "They Say It's Wonderful"
7. Bigtrigger - Poem; "Visions Of You"
8. Lou Rawls - "Sophisticated Lady"
9. Joe Williams - "Everyday, I'll Fall In Love With You"
10. Johnny Hartman - My One And Only Love"
11. Little Jimmy Scott - "Someone To Watch Over me"
12. Harry Connick, Jr. - "Only You"
13. Michael Feinstein - "My Funny Valentine"

No comments: